A New Paradigm of Engagement
The 2018 CTAC event raised $750,000 from over 200 participants - 100 % of which was passed directly through to 35 cancer treatment, support and research programs, including Johns Hopkins, Duke, Sarasota Memorial Hospital Cancer Institute, Moffitt, M.D. Anderson, U.N.C.-Lineberger and Sloan Kettering, to name just a few. Donors leveraged CTAC’s unique educational resources to make informed giving decisions and maximize the impact of their philanthropy with 100 % donation pass-through and the potential for matching funds awards. In 2018, four pioneering physician researchers were selected to engage closely with the CTAC community and in March of 2018, doctors from Moffitt, Duke, Sarasota Memorial Hospital Cancer Institute and Johns Hopkins joined CTAC supporters to present their research, engage with interested donors and answer their questions. At the 2019 CTAC event to be held April 13th, four new cancer research programs will join CTAC supporters to present their programs, while the 2018 CTAC physician inductees will present research updates. The CTAC Physician participation cycles serves a multiplicity of purposes:
- To educate donors and the community on advances in the fight against cancer;
- To facilitate direct engagement and participation between researchers and donors; and
- To provide a clear and actionable relationship between support and results.
CTAC is a fundraising event at Eloise Werlin Park to bring our philanthropic community together to share and experience education, inspiration, and the power of hope surrounding the current direction of cancer research, treatments, support and resources that are improving the lives and outcomes of those impacted by cancer today and in the future.
Known for making his visions reality, Doc brought together a team and came up with a spectacular idea – Coming Together Against Cancer (CTAC) – an event to celebrate the advances that have helped improve the lives of those who battle cancer.
Saturday, April 13, 2019 from 9 - 11:30am
Eloise Werlin Park
920 John Ringling Causeway
Sarasota, FL 34236
This is a free event featuring finger foods provided by Jeremy Hammond-Chambers' Innovative Dining Catering, a performance by the West Coast Black Theatre Troupe, and a panel discussion and question session with four premier Oncologists. Parking - Marina Jacks North parking lot with shuttle service to and from the park provided.
To RSVP to this educational, inspiring, and one-of-a-kind event, please call 855.446.2822 or email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Pioneering Physicians 2018
Please consider a donation to one of over 40 organizations on our DONATION PAGE. Simply select an organization from the select list on the donation page or select Other and enter an organization of your choosing.
Local Cancer Organizations
- Aloe Gives
- Breast Health Sarasota, Inc.
- Caring Hair Foundation, Inc.
- Colorectal Cancer Alliance
- Dattoli Cancer Foundation
- Daxton’s Fish
- Dollars for Mammograms
- Engelwood Area Cancer Foundation
- Faces of Courage
- Florida Cancer Specialists Foundation
- Jake Taraska Foundation
- Jewish Family & Children’s Services
- Kimberly Patterson Murphy Leukemia Fund
- Lauren’s One Wish
- Legal Aid of Manasota, Inc.
- Rob’s Rescue Foundation, Inc.
- RNCG Angel Foundation
- Payton Wright Foundation
- Sarasota Memorial Healthcare Foundation
- Team Tony Cancer Foundation
- The Life of Riley Foundation
- Tidewell Hospice
- Us, Too International
- 21st Century C.A.R.E.
- Florida Department of Health
National Cancer Organizations
- American Cancer Society
- Jack & Jill Late Stage Cancer Foundation
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
- Melanoma Research Foundation
- Pancreatic Cancer Action Network
- Prostate Cancer Research Institute
- Roswell Park Cancer Institute
- Susan G. Komen Florida Suncoast
National Cancer Centers
- Cleveland Clinic
- Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
- Duke Cancer Institute
- Huntsman Cancer Institute
- Johns Hopkins Hospital – The James Buchanan Brady
- Urological Institute
- Johns Hopkins All Children’s Hospital
- Mayo Clinic
- M.D. Anderson Cancer Center
- Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute
- National Cancer Institute
- Sarasota Memorial Health Care System Cancer Institute – Sarasota
- St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital
- University of Florida Cancer Center
- Breast Cancer Action
- Zero – The End of Prostate Cancer
- Fanconi Anemia Research Fund/David Frohnmayer Cancer Research Grant